Scopul nostru este sprijinirea şi promovarea cercetării ştiinţifice şi facilitarea comunicării între cercetătorii români din întreaga lume.
INTERNATIONAL FULBRIGHT SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AWARD
FOR DOCTORAL STUDIES, 2007
The U.S. Fulbright Commission in Romania is pleased to announce a new International Fulbright Science and Technology Award for PhD programs in U.S., for outstanding foreign students. The award is designed to be among the most prestigious international scholarships in science and technology. Approximately 25 awards will be competed worldwide for candidates who demonstrate unique aptitude and innovation in scientific fields.
Eligible fields include:
AERONAUTICS AND ASTRONOMICS/AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING, ASTRONOMY/PLANETARY SCIENCES, BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, COMPUTER SCIENCES/ENGINEERING, ENGINEERING (ELECTRICAL, CHEMICAL, CIVIL, MECHANICAL, OCEAN, AND PETROLEUM), ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE/ENGINEERING, GEOLOGY/EARTH AND ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES, INFORMATION SCIENCES/ENGINEERING, MATERIALS SCIENCE/ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, NEUROSCIENCE/BRAIN AND COGNITIVE SCIENCES, OCEANOGRAPHY, AND PHYSICS
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• have Romanian citizenship
• hold a university degree before August 1, 2007
• be proficient in English with a recent TOEFL score (or equivalent) of 580 or higher.
Further information can be obtained starting June 8th, 2006, from:
The Fulbright Commission
2 Ing. N. Costinescu Street, 011878, Bucharest
Tel: (021) 230-77-19; 231-55-00
Candidates can access the online application at:
The deadline for submitting the complete academic package to the Fulbright commission is August 18th , 2006 (postmarked)
No extension granted.
• A complete academic package includes the online application, academic transcripts, letters of reference, supplemental forms, and TOEFL score report. General GRE and GRE Subject exams will be required for final university admissions.
• All grantees receive tuition, a monthly stipend for up to 36 months, health and accident coverage, a book and equipment allowance, research allowance, professional conference allowance, travel support, and specially tailored enrichment activities. After three years, U.S. universities will be expected to cover the remaining expenses toward completion of a PhD.