Scopul nostru este sprijinirea şi promovarea cercetării ştiinţifice şi facilitarea comunicării între cercetătorii români din întreaga lume.
Autori: Socaciu C.
Editorial: Socaciu C., CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, 2008.
Drawing on the expertise of internationally known, interdisciplinary scientists and researchers, Food Colorants: Chemical and Functional Properties provides an integrative image of the scientific characteristics, functionality, and applications of color molecules as pigments in food science and technology, as well as their impact on health. The book emphasizes the structure–function relationships of pigment molecules to examine advances in their biosynthesis and biotechnology, their degradation during storage and processing, and the effect of these changes on food quality and safety. Understanding the mechanisms of color formation, perception, stability and degradation, the scientific information assists in selecting optimum processing parameters to ensure improved food quality and positive impact on health.
With peer reviewed contributions, critical evaluations, and a concise, systematic presentation, this book—
• Begins with an overview of the physics and biochemistry of colorants
• Explains the bioavailability, antioxidant and pro-oxidant action, and the influence of pigments on health and metabolism
• Addresses conventional production technologies as well as new, environmentally friendly methods
• Introduces novel approaches to the biosynthesis of colorants by microalgae, microorganisms, and genetic engineering
• Evaluates recent advances in analytical methodology for detecting both natural and synthetic colorants, their quality, quantity, and degradation during processing and storage
• Includes quality and safety risk assessments and international regulations, as well as lists of formerly and newly approved colorants and additives
Cuvinte cheie: food, colorants, pigments, biosynthesis, food additives, food biotechnology,