Scopul nostru este sprijinirea şi promovarea cercetării ştiinţifice şi facilitarea comunicării între cercetătorii români din întreaga lume.
Virgil-Florin Duma is Professor at the Aurel Vlaicu Univ. of Arad, head and founder of the 3OM Optomechatronics Group (http://3om-group-optomechatronics.ro/). He received his PhD cum laude in Fine Mechanics & Optics in 2001, from the Polytechnic Univ. of Timisoara (UPT), Romania, where he graduated in 1991, valedictorian. He was a Fulbright Senior Research Fellow at The Institute of Optics, Univ. of Rochester, NY (2009-2010), where he is Visiting Scientist. He is also Visiting Research Fellow at the Univ. of Kent, Canterbury, UK, Adjunct Prof. at the West Univ. of Timisoara and at UPT. Prof. Duma defeated his Habilitation Thesis in 2013 at the Polytechnics Univ. of Bucharest, Romania. He is author of over 240 publications in journals and conferences, 15 books & book chapters, and has 1 patent awarded and 2 patent applications pending (http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-3031-2010). His main research interests are in Measuring Systems, Optics, and Optomechatronics (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Virgil-Florin_Duma). Prof. Duma is a member of OSA, a Senior Member of SPIE, and a Life Member of the Fulbright Association.
Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Arad, Romania.
E-mail: trimite un mesaj.
Pagina web a instituţiei: http://3om-group-optomechatronics.ro/
Pagina web personala: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Virgil-Florin_Duma
Nascut(a) in: 1967
Interese: optica, aparate de masurare, mecanica fina, mecanisme
SCIENTIFIC PAPERS (h-index: 15 in ISI Web of Science) 241 published papers (65 as sole author, 57 as first, and 119 as co-author):
24 in ISI peer-reviewed journals with impact factor (IF); 52 in other peer-reviewed journals;
98 proceedings papers indexed in ISI Web of Science; 63 in other conference proceedings.
1 Romanian patent awarded and 2 applications pending.
Scopus Author ID 9839230700
BOOKS & BOOKS CHAPTERS
3 chapters in internationally edited books (Springer); 2 university courses (co-author); 2 scientific books / monographs (sole author); 4 laboratory books (co-author); 6 books as editor (2 laboratory books, 4 Proceedings);
INVITED LECTURES & PRESENTATIONS
o Duma V.-F., Laser scanners for high-end biomedical imaging, City Univ. of New York, NY (USA), Oct. 13, 2017 (Invited Seminar – Dept. of Mechanical Engineering);
Duma V.-F., Sinescu C., Demian D., Hutiu Gh., Dobre G., Bradu A., Podoleanu A. Gh., Biomedical imaging with Optical Coherence Tomography. Systems and applications, 2nd Intl Seminar on Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine (BioRemed), Timisoara (Romania), Oct. 5, 2017 (Invited Lecture);
Duma V.-F., Theoretical and experimental approaches on galvanometer scanners for high-end biomedical imaging applications, 5th Advanced Electromagnetics Symposium, Incheon-Seoul (South Korea), July 27, 2017 (Invited Presentation);
Duma V.-F., Demian D., Dobre G., Sinescu C., Hutiu Gh., Bradu A., Podoleanu A. Gh., Laser scanning optimization for high-end applications in biomedical imaging, SPIE-SRLS 7th International Conference on Lasers in Medicine [ISI], Timisoara (Romania), July 14, 2017 (Invited Paper);
Duma V.-F., Laser scanners with oscillatory mirrors for high-end applications, TIM Physics Conference [ISI], Timisoara (Romania), May 25-27, 2017 (Keynote Lecture);
Duma V.-F.*, Hutiu Gh., Demian D., Bradu A., Podoleanu A., Optical Coherence Tomography in Metallic Materials Characterization, RoMAT2016, Bucharest (Romania), Nov. 10, 2016 (Invited Presentation);
Duma V.-F.*, Demian D., Dobre G., Cernat R., Sinescu C., Topala F., Hutiu Gh., Negrutiu M., Bradu A., Podoleanu A. Gh., Optical Coherence Tomography: Handheld scanning probes with galvanometer scanners, TIM 15-16 Physics Conference [ISI], Timisoara (Romania), May 28, 2016 (Invited Presentation);
Duma V.-F., Optimization of biomedical systems for OCT with applications in Dental Medicine (Invited Lecture), 21th Congress of Dental Medicine – Banat Dentistry Days, Timisoara (Romania), Mai 21, 2016;
Duma V.-F., Biomedical imaging using Optical Coherence Tomography. Devices, systems, and applications (Invited Lecture), BioRemed International Conference, Oradea (Romania), Sept. 19, 2015; http://bioremed2015.srb.ro/7/programme
Duma V.-F., Scanning systems: from industrial to high-end biomedical applications (SPIE Invited Lecture – at Optics & Photonics Applications (OPA) Conference), Univ. of Guanajuato, Salamanca (Mexico), Sept. 2, 2015; http://spie.org/StudentChapterReports/Guanajuato_Report_201509.pdf
Duma V.-F. et al., Handheld scanning probes for OCT: Developments, applications and perspectives, Word Federation of Lasers in Dentistry – European Division 5th Congress & SRLS 6th Intl Conference Lasers in Medicine [ISI], Bucharest (Romania), May 8, 2015, in Proc. SPIE; doi: 10.1117/12.2178590
Duma V.-F., Handheld Probes and Galvoscanning in OCT. On-going Industrial and Biomedical Applications (Invited Seminar), School of Physical Sciences (Applied Optics Group), Univ. of Kent, Canterbury (UK), Feb. 20, 2015;
Duma V.-F., Biomedical Imaging and Optical Coherence Tomography: Scanning Systems and Applications (Invited Presentation), Academic Days of the Victor Babes Univ. of Medicine and Pharmacy of Timisoara (Romania), Dec. 12, 2014;
Duma V.-F., Scanning in Optical Coherence Tomography (SPIE Invited Lecture), National Univ. of Ireland (NUI), Galway, Nov. 25, 2014 http://tomi.nuigalway.ie/SPIE_NUIG_UL/spie_events.html
Duma V.-F., Renewable Energies – Two Projects and a Global Perspective (Invited Presentation), BHB–Sustainable development business center HURO/1101/175/2.1.1, Romania-Hungary 2007-2013 Program of Trans-frontiers Cooperation (www.huro-cbc.eu), Arad (Romania), Apr. 11, 2014;
Duma V.-F., 1-D and 2-D Scanning Systems in Biomedical Imaging (Invited Seminar), at the School of Physical Sciences (Applied Optics Group), Univ. of Kent, Canterbury (UK), Nov. 7, 2013;
Duma V.-F., Scanning in biomedical imaging: from classical devices to handheld heads and micro-systems (Invited Paper), SRLS-SPIE 5th Intl Conference Lasers in Medicine [ISI], Timisoara (Romania), Sept. 21, 2013 - Proc. SPIE, Todea C., Podoleanu A., Duma V.-F., Eds. http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2042733;
Negrutiu M.L.*, et al., Duma V.-F., Bradu A., and Podoleanu A. Gh., Imagistic Evaluation of Matrix Bone Interface (Invited Paper), SRLS-SPIE 5th Intl Conference Lasers in Medicine [ISI], Timisoara (Romania), Sept. 20, 2013 - Proc. SPIE, http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2045777;
Sinescu C.*, et al., Duma V.-F.*, Podoleanu A. Gh., Temperature Variation in Metal Ceramic Technology Analyzed using Time Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (Invited Paper), SRLS-SPIE 5th Intl Conference Lasers in Medicine [ISI], Timisoara (Romania), Sept. 21, 2013 - Proc. SPIE, http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2045848;
Duma V.-F., Laser scanning: from industrial to biomedical applications - RIAO-OPTILAS (VIII Iberomamerican Opticas Meeting & XI Latinamerican Meeting on Optics, Lasers and Applications), Porto (Portugal), July 23, 2013 - Proc. SPIE, http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2025220
Duma V.-F., Galvanometer-based Scanners in Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) (Invited Seminar), City Univ. of New York (USA), Febr. 14, 2013;
Duma V.F., Optical Scanners in Medical Imaging. An Optomechanical Perspective (Invited Seminar, Fulbright OLP - Occasional Lecturer Program), City University of New York (USA), April 15, 2010;
Duma V.F., Optical Engineering: Scanners, Choppers, Lenses, and Much More. A Mathematical Approach (3 Invited Lectures, Fulbright OLP), Ana G. Mendez University System (AGMUS): Univ. Metropolitana, Univ. del Este, and Univ. Turabo, San Juan (Puerto Rico, USA), March 19-22, 2010;
Duma V.F., Optical scanners (Invited Lecture - for PhD Students), The Institute of Optics, University of Rochester (NY, USA), Mar. 03, 2010;
Duma V.F., Invited Presentations (Tutorials), Hopkins Center for Optical Metrology, Institute of Optics, University of Rochester, Rochester (NY, USA): l) Applications and types of scanners (Nov. 03, 2009); 2) Scanners – fundamentals (Nov. 17, 2009); 3) Constructive characteristics of scanners (Dec. 01, 2009); 4) Perspectives of optical scanning in OCT (Jan. 20, 2010);
Duma V.F., Mathematical functions of a 2-D scanner with oscillating elements, 9th Conference on Dynamic Systems Theory and Applications, Łódź (Poland), Dec. 17-20, 2007 (Invited Paper); published as chapter in Springer; doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-8778-3_22;
Duma V.F., Kaposta I., Tusz F., Achievement of the South-West Axis in Industrial Robots, Arad zone, of the EUROP-RO Technology Platform, 2nd EUROP-RO Symposium, Bucharest (Romania), April 26, 2007, CD-ROM (Plenary Presentation), http://www.europ-ro.ro/v1/ro/documente/58;
Duma V.F., Contributions on the Design of the Optical Systems (Laser Scanning Devices) (Invited Presentation), Dept. of Physics, Jacobs University of Bremen (Germany), Oct. 2004;
SCHOLARSHIPS & FELLOWSHIPS
Visiting Senior Research Fellowship, at the School of Physical Sciences, University of Kent at Canterbury, Faculty of Science, Technology and Medical Sciences (UK); Host: Prof. Adrian Gh. Podoleanu (Head of the Applied Optics Group - AOG), July 2009-Dec. 2011;
Fulbright Senior Research Fellowship, awarded by the US Dept. of State, at the Institute of Optics, University of Rochester, N.Y. (USA); Host: Prof. Jannick P. Rolland (Brian J. Thomson Chair in Optical Eng.), Sept. 2009-June 2010;
BEST (Board of European Students of Technology) Scholarship, Summer School, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands: Energy in Its Various Aspects; concluded with the team project: Nuclear Plant – Design and Ecological Aspects, July 1991;
Republican Merit Scholarship for outstanding results, highest student award in Romania, from the Romanian state (1990-1991).
RESEARCH GRANTS & CONTRACTS
1. Principal Investigator (PI), Project for Experimental Demonstration (PED) Grant PN-III-P2-2.1-PED-2016-1937 (Contract 44PED/2017), Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research (ANCS-UEFISCDI): Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS)-based handheld scanning probes for distortion-free biomedical imaging with Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) (MEMS-HH-OCT), in partnership with SC Inteliform SRL Timisoara (133k€); Jan. 2017-July 2018; 3 journal papers in ISI Web of Science (WoS), ΣIF 8.703 (Oct. 2017); http://3om-group-optomechatronics.ro/pedp1937/
2. PI, Bridge Grant PN-III-P2-2.1-BG-2016-0297 (Contract 48BG/2016), ANCS-UEFISCDI: Optomechatronic choppers with rotational discs and shafts for metrological, biomedical, and laser manufacturing applications (OP-CHOP) (102k€), Oct. 2016-Oct. 2018; 1 journal paper in ISI WoS, ΣIF 3.307 (Oct. 2017); http://3om-group-optomechatronics.ro/bg297/
3. Responsible for Partner, Transfer to Industry (PTE) Grant PN-III-P2-2.1-PTE-2016-0181 (Contract 24PTE/2016), ANCS-UEFISCDI: Handheld scanning probes with 1D and 2D galvoscanners for biomedical and industrial investigations using Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) (1D2D-GS-OCT), PI: M. Vlasici – SC Inteliform SRL Timisoara (435k€), Oct. 2016-Oct. 2018; 3 journal papers in ISI WoS, ΣIF 4.472 (Oct. 2017); http://3om-group-optomechatronics.ro/ptep181/
4. Responsible for the Physics Work Package (1/4), Grant POC-A1-A1.1.3-E-2015, funded by the European Union (through European Regional Development Funds Structural Operational Program “Competitiveness”
Priority axis 1, Operation 1.1.4. Contract Number 30/2016): New nano-ARHITECTURES OF BIOLOGICAL INSPIRATION OF CELULAR TYPE (NanoArt Bio Cell), PI: Prof. V. Beiu (2M€), Aug. 2016 - Aug. 2020; 1 journal paper in ISI WoS, ΣIF 3.307 (Oct. 2017);
5. PI, PARTNERSHIP Grant PN-II-PT-PCCA-2011-3.2-1682 (Contract 22/2012) ANCS-UEFISCDI Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) systems with handheld and endoscope probes for real-time investigations in material studies and for in vivo medical imaging (5 institutions, 36 researchers), July 2012-Dec. 2016 (950k€); 17 journal papers in ISI WoS, ΣIF=31.633; http://3om-group-optomechatronics.ro/pp1682/
6. PI, Fulbright Senior Research Grant 474/July 1, 2009, in Optical Engineering (from the US Department of State): Scanning in Swept Source Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), at The Institute of Optics (#1 in Optics in the USA), Univ. of Rochester, NY (USA); Host: Prof. J. P. Rolland, ODAlab, Sept. 2009-June 2010 ($26,450); 1 journal paper in ISI WoS, IF=1.748;
7. Researcher, NYSTAR (New York Science and Technology Association for Research) Award 054048-002, PI Prof. J. P. Rolland, The Institute of Optics, Univ. of Rochester, NY (USA), 2010 (support of $6,3k);
8. PI, IDEAS Grant 1896/2008, ANCS-UEFISCDI: Analysis and design of some polygonal and galvanometer-based, 1D and 2D scanners, 2009-2011 (101k€); 5 journal papers in ISI WoS, ΣIF=9.931;
9. Co-PI, Erasmus Program, RWTH Aachen (IGM) - Aurel Vlaicu Univ. of Arad, 2007-2013;
10. Researcher, PN II PARTNERSHIPS Grant 41-084/2007, Romanian Education and Research Ministry - ANCS: Use of genetic markers for establishing optimal therapies for laryngeal and oropharyngeal human cancer, Univ. of Bucharest, 2007–2010 (600k€);
11. Researcher, Balkan Environmental Association (BENA)–COSMOTE Grant 1428/2007, Remote, computer assisted command and optimize of the use of a solar installation for greenhouses and small consumers, PI Dr. D. Silaghi, 2007 (750€);
12. Researcher, CEEX Grant, ANCS code 126/2006, Romanian Education and Research Ministry-ANCS: EUROP_RO Technology Platform (European Robotics Platform, Romanian branch), PI Prof. Adrian Nicolescu, Polytechnic Univ. of Bucharest, 2006–2008 (60k€);
13. PI, 3 Research Contracts (Romanian companies), through Aurel Vlaicu Univ., 2004–2005 (2k€);
14. PI, Young Researchers (AT) Grant, ANCS code 385: Development of Some New Scanning Equipments, 2003–2004 (3.5k€); 2 books (monographs) published in 2014 [B5, B6];
15. Researcher, Leonardo da Vinci Program of the European Union, Timkars Project, for conceiving the courses in Precision Mechanics & Optics (simultaneously published in Germany and in Romania); co-author of the book: Measuring and Control Apparatuses. Metrology [B4], 1999 – 2001 (225k€);
16. Researcher, Program Ro-4096 with Word Bank, Doctoral Grant, ANCS code 57: Methods and means for improvement performances of the equipments for precision mechanics and quality control, PI Prof. Dan Perju, Polytechnic Univ. Timisoara, 1998–2002 RO4096 ($30k); PhD Thesis defended Sept. 2001.
* Măroiu A.-C.†, Sinescu C.†, Negrutiu M.-L., Negru R.†, Marsavina L., Bretean I.-D., Duma V.-F.†, Romînu M., Bortun C. M., Negrutiu M. L.*, Evaluation of the adhesion of a novel design of veneers to dental materials, Revista Chimie, 68(9), 2017.
* Beiu R.-M.*, Beiu V., and Duma V.-F.*, Fiber optic mechanical deformation sensors employing perpendicular photonic crystals, Optics Express, 25(19), 2017.
* Baciu S., Berece C., Florea A., Burde V. A., Negrutiu M. L., Szuhanek C.*, Sinescu C., Duma V.-F., Manole M., A Comparative Three- and Bi-dimensional Research of the Marginal Fit of Pressed Lithium Disilicate Inlays, Revista Chimie, 68(6), 2017.
* Sinescu C., Bradu A., Duma V.-F.*, Topala F., Negrutiu M. L., Podoleanu A. Gh., Effects of the temperature variations in the technology of metal ceramic dental prostheses: Non-destructive detection using optical coherence tomography, Applied Sciences, 7(6), 2017.
* Mnerie C.*, Preitl S., and Duma V.-F.*, Galvanometer-based scanners: Mathematical model and alternative control structures for improved dynamics and immunity to disturbances, International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics, 17(5), 2017.
* Duma V.-F., Polygonal mirror laser scanning heads: Characteristic functions, Proceedings of the Romanian Academy Series A-Mathematics Physics Technical Sciences Information Science, 18(1), 2016.
* Cogliati A., Canavesi C.*, Hayes A., Tankam P., Duma V.-F., Santhanam A., Thompson K. P., and Rolland J. P., MEMS-based handheld scanning probe with pre-shaped input signals for distortion-free images in Gabor-Domain Optical Coherence Microscopy, Optics Express, 24(12), 2016.
* Craciunescu E., Sinescu C.*, Negrutiu M. L., Pop D. M., Lauer H.-C., Rominu M., Hutiu Gh., Bunoiu M., Duma V.-F.*, and Antoniac I., Shear Bond Strength Tests of Zirconia Veneering Ceramics after Chipping Repair, J. of Adhesion Science and Technology, 30(6), 2016.
* Duma V.-F.*, Dobre G., Demian D., Cernat R., Sinescu C., Topala F. I., Negrutiu M. L., Hutiu Gh., Bradu A., and Podoleanu A. Gh., Handheld scanning probes for optical coherence tomography, Romanian Reports in Physics, 67(4), 2015.
* Duma V.-F.*, Tankam P., Huang J., Won J. J., and Rolland J. P., Optimization of galvanometer scanning for Optical Coherence Tomography, www.osa.org, Applied Optics, 54(17), 2015.
* Canjau S., Todea C., Negrutiu M.L., Sinescu C., Topala F.I., Marcauteanu C., Manescu A., Duma V.-F., Bradu A., Podoleanu A. Gh., Optical Coherence Tomography for Non-Invasive ex vivo Investigations in Dental Medicine - a Joint Group Experience (Review), Sovrem. Technol. Med./Modern Technologies in Medicine, 7(1), 2015.
* Sinescu C., Negrutiu M. L., Bradu A., Duma V.-F.*, and Podoleanu A. Gh., Noninvasive quantitative evaluation of the dentin layer during dental procedures using Optical Coherence Tomography, Hindawi, Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, 2015.
* Oancea R., Bradu A., Sinescu C.*, Negru R. M., Negrutiu M. L., Antoniac I., Duma V.-F., and Podoleanu A. Gh., Assessment of the sealant/tooth interface using optical coherence tomography, J of Adhesion Science and Technology, 29(1), 2015.
* Hutiu Gh., Duma V. F.*, Demian D., Bradu A., and Podoleanu A. Gh., Surface imaging of metallic material fractures using optical coherence tomography (OPEN ACCESS), Applied Optics, 53(26), 2014.
* Demian D., Duma V. F.*, Sinescu C., Negrutiu M. L., Cernat R., Topala F. I., Hutiu Gh., Bradu A., and Podoleanu A. Gh., Design and testing of prototype handheld scanning probes for optical coherence tomography (OPEN ACCESS), Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 228(8), 2014.
* Duma V. F., Prototypes and modulation functions of classical and novel configurations of optical chopper wheels, Latin American Journal of Solids and Structures, 10(1), 2013.
* Duma V. F., Lee K.-S., Meemon P., Rolland J. P., Experimental investigations of the scanning functions of galvanometer-based scanners with applications in OCT, Applied Optics, 50(29), 2011.
* Duma V. F., Optical choppers with circular-shaped windows: Modulation functions, Elsevier, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation (Elsevier) – CNSNS, 16(5), 2011.
* Duma V. F., Optimal Scanning Function of a Galvanometer Scanner for an Increased Duty Cycle, Optical Engineering, 49(10), 2010.
* Duma V. F., Radiometric versus geometric, linear and non-linear vignetting coefficient, Applied Optics, 48(32), 2009.
* Duma V. F., Nicolov M., Neutral density filters with Risley prisms: analysis and design, Optical Society of America, Applied Optics, 48(14), 2009.
* Duma V. F., Theoretical approach on optical choppers for top-hat light beam distributions, IOP, UK, J. of Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics, 10(6), 2008.
Mai jos este tabelul ResearcherID/B-3031-2010 pentru toate articolele cercetatorului Virgil-Florin Duma: