Scopul nostru este sprijinirea şi promovarea cercetării ştiinţifice şi facilitarea comunicării între cercetătorii români din întreaga lume.
Virgil-Florin Duma is Professor at the Aurel Vlaicu Univ. of Arad, head and founder of the 3OM Optomechatronics Group (http://3om-group-optomechatronics.ro/). He received his PhD cum laude in Fine Mechanics & Optics in 2001, from the Polytechnic Univ. of Timisoara (UPT), Romania, where he graduated in 1991, valedictorian. He was a Fulbright Senior Research Fellow at The Institute of Optics, Univ. of Rochester, NY (2009-2010), where he is Visiting Scientist. He is also Visiting Research Fellow at the Univ. of Kent, Canterbury, UK, Adjunct Prof. at the West Univ. of Timisoara and at UPT. Prof. Duma defeated his Habilitation Thesis in 2013 at the Polytechnics Univ. of Bucharest, Romania. He is author of over 200 publications in journals and conferences, 15 books & book chapters, and has 1 patent awarded and 2 patent applications pending (http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-3031-2010). His main research interests are in Measuring Systems, Optics, and Optomechatronics. Prof. Duma is a member of OSA and a Senior Member of SPIE.
Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Arad, Romania.
E-mail: trimite un mesaj.
Nascut(a) in: 1967
Interese: optica, aparate de masurare, mecanica fina, mecanisme
SCIENTIFIC PAPERS (h-index: 12 in ISI Web of Science) http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-3031-2010
198 published papers (63 as sole author, 48 as first, and 87 as co-author): 17 in ISI peer-reviewed journals with impact factor (IF); 51 in other peer-reviewed journals; 68 proceedings papers indexed in ISI Web of Science; 62 in other conference proceedings.
1 Romanian patent awarded and 2 applications pending.
Scopus Author ID 9839230700
BOOKS & BOOKS CHAPTERS
3 chapters in internationally edited books (Springer); 2 university courses (co-author); 2 scientific books / monographs (sole author); 4 laboratory books (co-author); 6 books as editor (2 laboratory books, 4 Proceedings);
INVITED LECTURES & PRESENTATIONS
Duma V.-F., Optimization of biomedical systems for OCT with applications in Dental Medicine (Invited Lecture), 21th Congress of Dental Medicine – Banat Dentistry Days, Timisoara (Romania), Mai 21, 2016;
Duma V.-F., Biomedical imaging using Optical Coherence Tomography. Devices, systems, and applications (Invited Lecture), BioRemed International Conference, Oradea (Romania), Sept. 19, 2015; http://bioremed2015.srb.ro/7/programme
Duma V.-F., Scanning systems: from industrial to high-end biomedical applications (SPIE Invited Lecture – at Optics & Photonics Applications (OPA) Conference), Univ. of Guanajuato, Salamanca (Mexico), Sept. 2, 2015; http://spie.org/StudentChapterReports/Guanajuato_Report_201509.pdf
Duma V.-F. et al., Handheld scanning probes for OCT: Developments, applications and perspectives, Word Federation of Lasers in Dentistry – European Division 5th Congress & SRLS 6th Intl Conference Lasers in Medicine [ISI], Bucharest (Romania), May 8, 2015, in Proc. SPIE; doi: 10.1117/12.2178590
Duma V.-F., Handheld Probes and Galvoscanning in OCT. On-going Industrial and Biomedical Applications (Invited Seminar), School of Physical Sciences (Applied Optics Group), Univ. of Kent, Canterbury (UK), Feb. 20, 2015;
Duma V.-F., Biomedical Imaging and Optical Coherence Tomography: Scanning Systems and Applications (Invited Presentation), Academic Days of the Victor Babes Univ. of Medicine and Pharmacy of Timisoara (Romania), Dec. 12, 2014;
Duma V.-F., Scanning in Optical Coherence Tomography (SPIE Invited Lecture), National Univ. of Ireland (NUI), Galway, Nov. 25, 2014 http://tomi.nuigalway.ie/SPIE_NUIG_UL/spie_events.html
Duma V.-F., Renewable Energies – Two Projects and a Global Perspective (Invited Presentation), BHB–Sustainable development business center HURO/1101/175/2.1.1, Romania-Hungary 2007-2013 Program of Trans-frontiers Cooperation (www.huro-cbc.eu), Arad (Romania), Apr. 11, 2014;
Duma V.-F., 1-D and 2-D Scanning Systems in Biomedical Imaging (Invited Seminar), at the School of Physical Sciences (Applied Optics Group), Univ. of Kent, Canterbury (UK), Nov. 7, 2013;
Duma V.-F., Scanning in biomedical imaging: from classical devices to handheld heads and micro-systems (Invited Paper), SRLS-SPIE 5th Intl Conference Lasers in Medicine [ISI], Timisoara (Romania), Sept. 21, 2013 - Proc. SPIE, Todea C., Podoleanu A., Duma V.-F., Eds. http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2042733;
Negrutiu M.L.*, et al., Duma V.-F., Bradu A., and Podoleanu A. Gh., Imagistic Evaluation of Matrix Bone Interface (Invited Paper), SRLS-SPIE 5th Intl Conference Lasers in Medicine [ISI], Timisoara (Romania), Sept. 20, 2013 - Proc. SPIE, http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2045777;
Sinescu C.*, et al., Duma V.-F.*, Podoleanu A. Gh., Temperature Variation in Metal Ceramic Technology Analyzed using Time Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (Invited Paper), SRLS-SPIE 5th Intl Conference Lasers in Medicine [ISI], Timisoara (Romania), Sept. 21, 2013 - Proc. SPIE, http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2045848;
Duma V.-F., Laser scanning: from industrial to biomedical applications - RIAO-OPTILAS (VIII Iberomamerican Opticas Meeting & XI Latinamerican Meeting on Optics, Lasers and Applications), Porto (Portugal), July 23, 2013 - Proc. SPIE, http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2025220
Duma V.-F., Galvanometer-based Scanners in Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) (Invited Seminar), City Univ. of New York (USA), Febr. 14, 2013;
Duma V.F., Optical Scanners in Medical Imaging. An Optomechanical Perspective (Invited Seminar, Fulbright OLP - Occasional Lecturer Program), City University of New York (USA), April 15, 2010;
Duma V.F., Optical Engineering: Scanners, Choppers, Lenses, and Much More. A Mathematical Approach (3 Invited Lectures, Fulbright OLP), Ana G. Mendez University System (AGMUS): Univ. Metropolitana, Univ. del Este, and Univ. Turabo, San Juan (Puerto Rico, USA), March 19-22, 2010;
Duma V.F., Optical scanners (Invited Lecture - for PhD Students), The Institute of Optics, University of Rochester (NY, USA), Mar. 03, 2010;
Duma V.F., Invited Presentations (Tutorials), Hopkins Center for Optical Metrology, Institute of Optics, University of Rochester, Rochester (NY, USA): l) Applications and types of scanners (Nov. 03, 2009); 2) Scanners – fundamentals (Nov. 17, 2009); 3) Constructive characteristics of scanners (Dec. 01, 2009); 4) Perspectives of optical scanning in OCT (Jan. 20, 2010);
Duma V.F., Mathematical functions of a 2-D scanner with oscillating elements, 9th Conference on Dynamic Systems Theory and Applications, Łódź (Poland), Dec. 17-20, 2007 (Invited Paper); published as chapter in Springer; doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-8778-3_22;
Duma V.F., Kaposta I., Tusz F., Achievement of the South-West Axis in Industrial Robots, Arad zone, of the EUROP-RO Technology Platform, 2nd EUROP-RO Symposium, Bucharest (Romania), April 26, 2007, CD-ROM (Plenary Presentation), http://www.europ-ro.ro/v1/ro/documente/58;
Duma V.F., Contributions on the Design of the Optical Systems (Laser Scanning Devices) (Invited Presentation), Dept. of Physics, Jacobs University of Bremen (Germany), Oct. 2004;
SCHOLARSHIPS & FELLOWSHIPS
Visiting Senior Research Fellowship, at the School of Physical Sciences, University of Kent at Canterbury, Faculty of Science, Technology and Medical Sciences (UK); Host: Prof. Adrian Gh. Podoleanu (Head of the Applied Optics Group - AOG), July 2009-Dec. 2011;
Fulbright Senior Research Fellowship, awarded by the US Dept. of State, at the Institute of Optics, University of Rochester, N.Y. (USA); Host: Prof. Jannick P. Rolland (Brian J. Thomson Chair in Optical Eng.), Sept. 2009-June 2010;
BEST (Board of European Students of Technology) Scholarship, Summer School, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands: Energy in Its Various Aspects; concluded with the team project: Nuclear Plant – Design and Ecological Aspects, July 1991;
Republican Merit Scholarship for outstanding results, highest student award in Romania, from the Romanian state (1990-1991).
RESEARCH GRANTS & CONTRACTS
1. Responsible for the Physics Work Package, POC - New nano-ARHITECTURES OF BIOLOGICAL INSPIRATION OF CELULAR TYPE (NanoArt Bio Cell), PI: Prof. V. Beiu (2M€), 2016-2020;
2. Principal Investigator (PI), PARTNERSHIP Grant PN-II-PT-PCCA-2011-3.2-1682, Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research (ANCS-UEFISCDI): Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) systems with handheld and endoscope probes for real-time investigations in material studies and for in vivo medical imaging - five institutions involved, 2012-2016; http://3om-group-optomechatronics.ro/ (924k€). 14 journal papers in ISI Web of Science, ΣIF=26.016;
3. PI, Fulbright Senior Research Grant 474/July 1, 2009, in Optical Engineering (from the US Department of State): Scanning in Swept Source Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), at The Institute of Optics, Univ. of Rochester, N.Y. (USA); Host: Prof. Jannick P. Rolland, Sept. 2009-June 2010 ($26,450); 1 journal paper in ISI Web of Science, IF=1.748;
4. Researcher, NYSTAR (New York Science and Technology Association for Research) Award 054048-002, PI Prof. Jannick P. Rolland, Univ. of Rochester, N.Y. (USA), 2010 (support of $6,3k);
5. PI, IDEAS Grant 1896/2008, Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research (ANCS-UEFISCDI): Analysis and design of some polygonal and galvanometer-based, 1D and 2D scanners, 2009-2011 (101k€); 5 journal papers in ISI Web of Science, ΣIF=9.931;
6. Co-PI, Erasmus Program, RWTH Aachen (IGM) - Aurel Vlaicu Univ. of Arad, 2007-2013;
7. Researcher, PN II PARTNERSHIPS Grant 41-084/2007, Romanian Education and Research Ministry - ANCS: Use of genetic markers for establishing optimal therapies for laryngeal and oropharyngeal human cancer, Univ. of Bucharest, 2007–2010 (600k€);
8. Researcher, Balkan Environmental Association (B.E.N.A.)–COSMOTE Grant 1428/2007, Remote, computer assisted command and optimize of the use of a solar installation for greenhouses and small consumers, PI Dr. Diana Silaghi, 2007 (750€);
9. Researcher, CEEX Grant, ANCS code 126/2006, Romanian Education and Research Ministry-ANCS: EUROP_RO Technology Platform (European Robotics Platform, Romanian branch), PI Prof. Adrian Nicolescu, Polytechnic Univ. of Bucharest, 2006–2008 (60k€);
10. PI, 3 Research Contracts (Romanian companies), through Aurel Vlaicu Univ., 2004–2005 (2k€);
11. PI, Young Researchers (AT) Grant, ANCS code 385: Development of Some New Scanning Equipments, 2003–2004 (3.5k€); 2 books (monographs) published in 2014;
12. Researcher, Leonardo da Vinci Program of the European Union, Timkars Project, for conceiving the courses in Precision Mechanics & Optics (simultaneously published in Germany and in Romania); co-author of the book: Measuring and Control Apparatuses. Metrology [B4], 1999 – 2001 (225k€);
13. Researcher, Program Ro-4096 with Word Bank, Doctoral Grant, ANCS code 57: Methods and means for improvement performances of the equipments for precision mechanics and quality control, PI Prof. Dan Perju, Polytechnic Univ. Timisoara, 1998 – 2002 http://ro4096.uefiscsu.ro/eng/index.php ($30k); PhD Thesis defended Sept. 2001.
* Oancea R., Bradu A., Sinescu C.*, Negru R. M., Negrutiu M. L., Antoniac I., Duma V.-F., and Podoleanu A. Gh., Assessment of the sealant/tooth interface using optical coherence tomography, J of Adhesion Science and Technology, 29(1), 2015.
* Hutiu Gh., Duma V. F.*, Demian D., Bradu A., and Podoleanu A. Gh., Surface imaging of metallic material fractures using optical coherence tomography (OPEN ACCESS), Applied Optics, 53(26), 2014.
* Demian D., Duma V. F.*, Sinescu C., Negrutiu M. L., Cernat R., Topala F. I., Hutiu Gh., Bradu A., and Podoleanu A. Gh., Design and testing of prototype handheld scanning probes for optical coherence tomography (OPEN ACCESS), Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 228(8), 2014.
* Duma V. F., Prototypes and modulation functions of classical and novel configurations of optical chopper wheels, Latin American Journal of Solids and Structures, 10(1), 2013.
* Duma V. F., Lee K.-S., Meemon P., Rolland J. P., Experimental investigations of the scanning functions of galvanometer-based scanners with applications in OCT, Applied Optics, 50(29), 2011.
* Duma V. F., Optical choppers with circular-shaped windows: Modulation functions, Elsevier, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation (Elsevier) – CNSNS, 16(5), 2011.
* Duma V. F., Optimal Scanning Function of a Galvanometer Scanner for an Increased Duty Cycle, Optical Engineering, 49(10), 2010.
* Duma V. F., Radiometric versus geometric, linear and non-linear vignetting coefficient, Applied Optics, 48(32), 2009.
* Duma V. F., Nicolov M., Neutral density filters with Risley prisms: analysis and design, Optical Society of America, Applied Optics, 48(14), 2009.
* Duma V. F., Theoretical approach on optical choppers for top-hat light beam distributions, IOP, UK, J. of Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics, 10(6), 2008.
Mai jos este tabelul ResearcherID/B-3031-2010 pentru toate articolele cercetatorului Virgil-Florin Duma: