Scopul nostru este sprijinirea şi promovarea cercetării ştiinţifice şi facilitarea comunicării între cercetătorii români din întreaga lume.
Electronics Department, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, University of Oradea, Oradea, .
E-mail: trimite un mesaj.
Nascut(a) in: 1971
Interese: interactiune om-calculator, prelucrare imaginii, inteligenta artificiala, analiza fetei umane, retele neuronale , recunoasterea formelor
Ioan Buciu received the Diploma of Electrical Engineering in 1996 and the Master of Science degree in microwaves in 1997, both from the University of Oradea. From 1997 to 2000, he served as a Teaching Assistant with the Department of Applied Electronics, University of Oradea. During 2001 - 2005, he was a researcher and a PhD student at the Artificial Intelligence and Information Analysis Lab, Department of Informatics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece. Currently he is with the Department of Applied Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, University of Oradea. His current research interests lie in the areas of image processing, pattern recognition, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. Also, his area of expertise includes face analysis, support vector machines, and image representation. Besided, I am interested in finding new techniques for feature selection and dimensionality reduction, especially using kernel methods.
* Irene Kotsia, Ioan Buciu and Ioannis Pitas, An analysis of facial expression recognition under partial facial image occlusion, Journal of Image and Visual Computing, 26 (7), 2008.
* Ioan Buciu, Nikos Nikolaidis, Ioannis Pitas, Non-negative matrix factorization in polynomial feature space, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 19 (6), 2008.
* Ioan Buciu, Learning sparse non-negative features for object recognition, IEEE Third International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communications and Processing, 2007.
* S. Zafeiriou, A. Tefas, I. Buciu, and I. Pitas, Exploiting discriminant information in non-negative matrix factorization with application to frontal face verification, IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, 17(3), 2006.
* I. Buciu, and I. Pitas, DNMF modeling of neural receptive fields involved in human facial expression perception, Elsevier, Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 17(5), 2006.
* I. Buciu, C. Kotropoulos, and I. Pitas, Demonstrating the stability of support vector machines for classification, Elsevier, Signal Processing, 86(9), 2006.
* I. Buciu, A. Caplier, Z. Hammal, N. Nikolaidis, I. Pitas, Enhancing the facial expression classification by information fusion, European Signal Processing Conference (EURASIP), 2006.
* I. Buciu, N. Nikolaidis, and I. Pitas, A comparative study of NMF, DNMF, and LNMF algorithms applied for face recognition, 2006 Second IEEE-EURASIP International Symposium on Control, Communications, and Signal Processing (ISCCSP), Marrakech, Morocco, 2006.
* I. Buciu, N. Nikolaidis, and I. Pitas, On the initialization of the DNMF algorithm, 2006 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS 2006), 2006.
* S. Zaferious, A. Tefas, I. Buciu, and I. Pitas, Class-specific discriminant non-negative matrix factorization for frontal face verification, Proc. 2005 International Conference on Advance in Pattern Recognition (ICAPR 2005), Bath, United Kingdom, 2005.
* I. Buciu, I Kotsia and I. Pitas, Facial expression recognition under partial occlusion, Proc. 2005 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2005), 5, 2005.
* I. Buciu and I. Pitas, A new sparse image representation algorithm applied to facial expression recognition, Proc. IEEE Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing, Sao Luis, Brasil, 2004.
* I. Buciu and I. Pitas, Application of non-negative and local non negative matrix factorization to facial expression recognition, Proc. 2004 International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2004), 2004.
* S. Krinidis, I. Buciu and I. Pitas, Facial expression analysis and synthesis: A survey (invited paper), Proceedings of HCI International 2003, 10th Int. Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, 2003.
* I. Buciu, C. Kotropoulos and I. Pitas, ICA and Gabor representations for facial expression recognition, Proc. 2003 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2003), Barcelona, Spain, 2003.
* I. Buciu, C. Kotropoulos, I. Pitas, Face detection by using independent component decomposition, Proc. of Workshop Dynamic Perception, Bochum, Germany, 2002.
* I. Buciu, C. Kotropoulos, I. Pitas, On the stability of support vector machines for face detection, 2002 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2002), Rochester, N. Y., USA, III, 2002.
* I. Buciu, C. Kotropoulos, I. Pitas, Combining support vector machine for accurate face detector, Proc. 2001 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2001), 2001.
* A. Fazekas, C. Kotropoulos, I. Buciu and I. Pitas, Support vector machines on the space of Walsh functions and their properties, 2nd International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis, ISPA, Pula, Croatia, 2001.