Scopul nostru este sprijinirea şi promovarea cercetării ştiinţifice şi facilitarea comunicării între cercetătorii români din întreaga lume.
I study various aspects of past climate changes worldwide as well as the impact of past human activities on the environment.
Northumbria University, Newcastle, .
E-mail: trimite un mesaj.
Pagina web a instituţiei: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/
Pagina web personala: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/our-staff/e/vasile-ersek/
Nascut(a) in: 1978
Interese: paleoclima, stalagmite, pesteri, schimbari climatice, izotopi, geochimie, geologie
* , Precise timing of abrupt increase in dust activity in the Middle East coincident with 4.2 ka social change.
* , Impact of climate change on the transition of Neanderthals to modern humans in Europe.
* , Exceptionally high levels of lead pollution in the Balkans from the Early Bronze Age to the Industrial Revolution.
* Dumitru, Oana, Forray, Ferenc, Fornós, Joan, Ersek, Vasile and Onac, Bogdan, Water isotopic variability in Mallorca: a path to understanding past changes in hydroclimate, Hydrological Processes, 2016.
* Gałka, Mariusz, Tobolski, Kazimierz, Lamentowicz, Łukasz, Ersek, Vasile, Jassey, Vincent, van der Knaap, Willem and Lamentowicz, Mariusz, Unveiling exceptional Baltic bog ecohydrology, autogenic succession and climate change during the last 2000 years in CE Europe using replicate cores, multi-proxy data and functional traits of testate amoebae, Elsevier, Quaternary Science Reviews, 156, 2017.
* Gałka, Mariusz, Tanţău, Ioan, Ersek, Vasile and Feurdean, Angelica, A 9000 year record of cyclic vegetation changes identified in a montane peatland deposit located in the Eastern Carpathians (central-Eastern Europe): Autogenic succession or regional climatic influences?, Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 449, 2016.
* McGregor, Helen, Evans, Michael, Goosse, Hugues, Leduc, Guillaume, Martrat, Belen, Addison, Jason, Mortyn, Graham, Oppo, Delia, Seidenkrantz, Marit-Solveig, Sicre, Marie-Alexandrine, Phipps, Steven, Selvaraj, Kandasamy, Thirumalai, Kaustubh, Filipsson, Helena and Ersek, Vasile, Robust global ocean cooling trend for the pre-industrial Common Era, Nature Geoscience, 8, 2015.
* V. Drãguşin, M. Staubwasser, D. L. Hoffmann, V. Ersek, B. P. Onac, and D. Veres, Constraining Holocene hydrological changes in the Carpathian-Balkan region using speleothem d18O and pollen-based temperature reconstructions, Climate of the Past, 10, 2014.
* Ersek, V., Clark, P.U., Mix, A.C., Cheng, H. and Edwards, R.L., Holocene winter climate variability in mid-latitude western North America, Nature Communications, 3, 2012.
* Rushdi, A., Clark, P., Mix, A. Ersek,V., Simoneit, B. Cheng, H., Edwards, R.L., Composition and sources of lipid compounds in speleothem calcite from southwestern Oregon and their paleoenvironmental implications, Environmental Earth Sciences, doi:10.1007/s12665-010-0613-4, 2010.
* Ersek, V., A. C. Mix, and P. U. Clark , Variations of [delta]18O in rainwater from southwestern Oregon, Journal of Geophysical Research, doi:10.1029/2009JD013345, 2010.
* Ersek, V., S. W. Hostetler, H. Cheng, P. U. Clark, F. S. Anslow, A. C. Mix and R. L. Edwards, Environmental influences on speleothem growth in southwestern Oregon during the last 380 000 years, Elsevier, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 279, 2009.
* Ersek, V., Analyses of Common Elements and Oxides in the Paleosols of the Bahamas and of the Northern Mariana Islands, Mississippi State University, 2004.