Scopul nostru este sprijinirea şi promovarea cercetării ştiinţifice şi facilitarea comunicării între cercetătorii români din întreaga lume.
Manuela Banciu was born on 26th May 1974, in Sighisoara, Romania. From 1989 to1992, she attended the secondary school at Gheorghe Marinescu College in TarguMures, Romania. In 1997 she graduated Biology at the Faculty of Biology andGeology, Babes-Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania. One year later, sheobtained a Master Degree in Cell and Molecular Biology at the same University.During 5 years (1997 - 2002) she was employed as microbiologist, at S.C. TerapiaS.A., one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in Romania. Since 2002 she hasbeen appointed as teaching assistant in Biochemistry and Cytology at the Departmentof Experimental Biology, Faculty of Biology and Geology, Cluj-Napoca, Romania. InDecember 2004 she was awarded with a Traveling Grant (Company of Biologists,UK) at the Department of Pharmaceutics, Utrecht Institute for PharmaceuticalSciences (UIPS), Utrecht University, The Netherlands. In January 2005 she wasgranted with a 1-year Galenos Marie Curie Fellowship at the same University.In June2006 she has started her PhD project on antitumor effects of glucocorticoidsencapsulated in long-circulating liposomes under the supervision of Professor DrGert Storm and Dr Raymond Schiffelers, at the same Department.The doctoral thesis was defended in 2007 at Utrecht University, The Netherlands.
Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Biology and Geology, Dept. Experimental Biology , Cluj-Napoca, .
E-mail: trimite un mesaj.
Nascut(a) in: 1974
* Lobatto ME, Fayad ZA, Silvera S, Vucic E, Calcagno C, Mani V, Dickson SD, Nicolay K, Banciu M, Schiffelers RM, Metselaar JM, van Bloois L, Wu HS, Fallon JT, Rudd JH, Fuster V, Fisher EA, Storm G, Mulder WJ., Multimodal Clinical Imaging To Longitudinally Assess a Nanomedical Anti-Inflammatory Treatment in Experimental Atherosclerosis., Mol Pharm., 7(6), 2010.
* Coimbra M, Banciu M, Fens MH, de Smet L, Cabaj M, Metselaar JM, Storm G, Schiffelers RM., Liposomal pravastatin inhibits tumor growth by targeting cancer-related inflammation., J Control Release, 148(3), 2010.
* Banciu, M., “Liposomal Targeting of Glucocorticoids to Inhibit Tumor Angiogenesis”, PrintPartners Ipskamp, Enschede, The Netherlands, ISBN: 978-90-393-4697-6, 2007.
* Banciu, M., Schiffelers, R. M., Storm, G. , Investigation into the role of tumor-associated macrophages in the antitumor activity of Doxil, Pharm Res., 25(8), 2008.
* Banciu, M., Metselaar, J. M., Schiffelers, R. M.,Storm, G., Liposomal glucocorticoids as tumor-targeted anti-angiogenic nanomedicine in B16 melanoma-bearing mice. , Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 111(1-2), 2008.
* Banciu, M., Fens, M. H. M., Storm, G., Schiffelers, R. M., Antitumor activity and tumor localization of liposomal glucocorticoids in B16 melanoma-bearing mice. , J. Control. Release., 127(2), 2008.
* Banciu, M., Schiffelers, R. M., Metselaar, J. M., Storm, G. , Utility of Targeted Glucocorticoids in Cancer Therapy. , J Liposome Res., 18(1), 2008.
* Banciu, M., Metselaar, J. M., Schiffelers, R. M.,Storm, G. , Antitumor activity of liposomal prednisolone phosphate depends on the presence of functional tumor-associated macrophages in tumor tissue. , Neoplasia, 10 (2), 2008.
* Schiffelers, R. M., Banciu, M., Metselaar, J. M., Storm, G., Therapeutic application of long-circulating liposomal glucocorticoids in auto-immune diseases and cancer. , J Liposome Res., 16 (3), 2006.
* Banciu, M., Schiffelers, R. M., Fens, M. H. A. M., Metselaar, J. M., Storm, G., Anti-angiogenic effects of liposomal prednisolone phosphate on B16 melanoma in mice, J. Control. Release., 113 (1), 2006.