Scopul nostru este sprijinirea şi promovarea cercetării ştiinţifice şi facilitarea comunicării între cercetătorii români din întreaga lume.
Dept. of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, .
E-mail: trimite un mesaj.
Nascut(a) in: 1979
Interese: cancer, apoptosis, signal transduction, neutrophils
The main work I performed thus far includes studies on cell death/survival pathways, signal transduction and tumor immunbiology.
During my PhD and first post-doctoral studies I characterized the molecular mechanisms mediating TRAIL and chemotherapy-induced apoptosis, with particular focus on the role of the acid sphingomyelinase (ASM)/ceramide system in this process.
In other studies I characterized the p38-MAPK signaling pathway in several cellular systems and processes. I found that infection of epithelial cells with human rhinovirus activates p38-MAPK via lipid rafts and RhoA GTPase. During my second post-doctoral studies I investigated the interaction between neutrophils and head and neck cancer (HNC) cells and showed that HNC-derived factors activate p38-MAPK in neutrophils and, subsequently, promote the survival and release of pro-inflammatory factors. While studying the interaction between HNC and neutrophils I also identified the cytokine MIF as one of the main tumor-derived factors responsible for modulating neutrophil chemotaxis, survival and release of pro-inflammatory factors.
* C.A. Dumitru, M. K. Fechner, T.K. Hoffmann, S. Lang and S. Brandau , A novel p38-MAPK signalling axis modulates neutrophil biology in head and neck cancer, Journal of Leukocyte Biology, [Epub ahead of print], 2012.
* P.J. Schuler, P. Boeckers, R. Engers, E. Boelke, M. Bas, J. Greve, C.A. Dumitru, G.F. Lehnerdt, R.L. Ferris, P.A. Andrade Filho, S. Brandau, S. Lang, T.L. Whiteside and T.K. Hoffmann, EGFR-specific T cell frequencies correlate with EGFR expression in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma, Journal of Translational Medicine, 9:168, 2011.
* S. Trellakis, H. Farjah, K. Bruderek, C.A. Dumitru, T.K. Hoffmann, S. Lang and S. Brandau, Peripheral blood neutrophil granulocytes from patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma functionally differ from their counterparts in healthy donors, International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology, 24(3), 2011.
* C.A. Dumitru, T.K. Hoffmann, G. Lehnerdt, R. Zeidler, S. Lang and S. Brandau , Innovations in Biomarker Development: a Pathway Towards Individualized Cancer Therapy? (review), Laryngorhinootologie, 90(3), 2011.
* C.A. Dumitru, H. Gholaman, S. Trellakis, K. Bruderek, N. Dominas, X. Gu, A. Bankfalvi, T.L. Whiteside, S. Lang and S. Brandau , Tumor-derived macrophage migration inhibitory factor modulates tumor biology through activation of neutrophil granulocytes in head and neck cancer, International Journal of Cancer, 129(4), 2011.
* C. Battke, E. Kremmer, J. Mysliwietz, G. Gondi, C.A. Dumitru, S. Brandau, S. Lang, D. Vullo, C. Supuran and R. Zeidler , Generation and characterization of the first inhibitory antibody targeting tumour-associated carbonic anhydrase XII, Cancer Immunology Immunotherapy, 60(5), 2011.
* S. Trellakis, K. Bruderek, C.A. Dumitru, H. Gholaman, X. Gu, A. Bankfalvi, A. Scherag, J. Hütte, N. Dominas, G.F. Lehnerdt, T. K. Hoffmann, S. Lang and S. Brandau , Polymorphonuclear granulocytes in human head and neck cancer: enhanced inflammatory activity, modulation by cancer cells and expansion in advanced disease, International Journal of Cancer, 129(9), 2011.
* I. E. Sandalcioglu, S. Asgari, D. Wende, J.A.P. van de Nes, C.A. Dumitru, Y. Zhu, E.R. Gizewski, D. Stolke and U. Sure, Proliferation activity is significantly elevated in partially embolized cerebral arteriovenous malformations, Cerebrovascular Diseases, 30(4), 2010.
* C.A. Dumitru, I.E. Sandalcioglu, M. Wagner, M. Weller and E. Gulbins , Lysosomal ceramide mediates gemcitabine-induced death of glioma cells, Journal of Molecular Medicine, 87(11), 2009.
* C.A. Dumitru, M. Weller and E. Gulbins , Ceramide metabolism determines glioma cell resistance to chemotherapy, Journal of Cellular Physiology, 221(3), 2009.
* A. Carpinteiro, C.A. Dumitru, M. Schenck and E. Gulbins , Ceramide-induced cell death in malignant cells (review) , Cancer Letters, 264(1), 2008.
* C.A. Dumitru, Y. Zhang, X. Li and E. Gulbins , Ceramide – a novel player in reactive oxygen species-induced signaling? (review) , Antioxidants and Redox Signaling, 9(9), 2007.
* S. Dreschers, P. Franz, C.A. Dumitru, B. Wilker, K. Jahnke and E. Gulbins, Infections with human Rhinovirus induce the formation of distinct functional membrane domains, Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, 20(1-4), 2007.
* C.A. Dumitru, A. Carpinteiro, T. Trarbach, U.R. Hengge and E. Gulbins, Doxorubicin enhances TRAIL-induced cell death via ceramide-enriched membrane platforms, Apoptosis, 12(8), 2007.
* S. Dreschers, C.A. Dumitru, C. Adams and E. Gulbins , The cold case – are Rhinoviruses perfectly adapted pathogens? (review), Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, 64(2), 2007.
* C.A. Dumitru and E. Gulbins , TRAIL activates acid sphingomyelinase via a redox mechanism and releases ceramide to trigger apoptosis, Oncogene, 25(41), 2006.
* C.A. Dumitru, S. Dreschers and E. Gulbins , Rhinoviral infections activate p38MAP-Kinase via membrane rafts and RhoA, Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, 17(3-4), 2006.