Scopul nostru este sprijinirea şi promovarea cercetării ştiinţifice şi facilitarea comunicării între cercetătorii români din întreaga lume.
The recently founded Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI) is establishing a research programme „International Climate Policy“ with a focus on the UNFCCC-Process / the Kyoto Regime and on EU climate policies (see www.hwwi.org). It is built up from the existing group in international climate policy with eight researchers with different national backgrounds and from different disciplines (see www.hwwa.de/climate.htm) at the Hamburgisches Welt-Wirtschafts-Archiv (HWWA). We do cutting-edge research on climate policy instruments, analysis and policy consultancy and are actively contributing to the international climate negotiations. Major aspects are the design of and methodology development for the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) as well as the EU Emissions Trading Scheme and its implementation in national climate policy regimes. We are looking for a candidate, ideally with the following features:
– Masters degree or similar in industrial engineering (for German applicants: Wirtschaftsingenieur) with strong background in economics
– Good knowledge in process engineering or energy technologies
– Interest in political economy, environmental economics and energy economics
– Strong analytical and organisational skills
– High motivation and ability to work both in teams and independently
– Interest to work in an international context, including frequent overseas travel
– Fluent English is essential and knowledge of French/Spanish would be an important plus.
– Knowledge of standard computer software
– Willingness to start working with us by 1 August or 1 September 2005
– work on an innovative subject of a very dynamic field within a
highly motivated interdisciplinary team,
– the opportunity to work on
a doctoral thesis,
– an excellent research and work infrastructure, –
flexible working hours, [
– a gross salary of about 1800 EUR, per month (covering 50% of working time; for Germans: according to 0,5 BAT II a). The other 50% can be used for the work on the thesis or for work on consultancy projects at our partner consultancy Perspectives Climate Change (see www.perspectives.cc)
– An initial one-year contract with possibility of extension
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter preferably by email or by mail by 10 July 2005 to:
Axel Michaelowa Programme International Climate Policy Hamburg
Institute of International Economics Neuer Jungfernstieg 21 20354
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 15 July. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please feel free to distribute this vacancy announcement where appropriate.