Scopul nostru este sprijinirea şi promovarea cercetării ştiinţifice şi facilitarea comunicării între cercetătorii români din întreaga lume.
Are you an undergraduate student of a CERN Member State nationality in a technical field looking for a practical training period or a place to do your final project?
The Technical Student Programme is aimed at undergraduate students in applied physics, engineering or computing, to spend a training period of 4 to 12 months during the course of their studies. Students specializing in theoretical or experimental particle physics are not eligible under the Programme.
Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail which contains a link to the CERN “Report on candidate” form. You must forward this link to two referees. Students must upload an official academic transcript (marks, ranking) in order for their application to be considered and it is highly recommended to upload a CV.
Applied physics, IT, mathematics, electrical, electronic, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation for accelerators and particle physics experiments, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, science communication, surveying, ultra-high vacuum.
Students specialising in theoretical or experimental particle physics are not eligible to apply for this programme.
* You are a national of a CERN Member State and studying in a Member State. Romanian nationals are also eligible. Students from Non-Member States are able to apply only if they have been residing in a Member State for the last 5 years and are enrolled in a Member State educational establishment (at the time of the application).
* You should have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies.
* You can stay at least 4 or at most 12 months remaining registered as a student.
To be able to fully benefit from a technical studentship we advise students to opt for the longest period possible.
* You have a good knowledge of English OR French.
What We Offer
* A monthly living allowance to cover the expenses of a single person in the Geneva area.
* A health insurance for illnesses and accidents of professional or non-professional nature.
* Joining expenses (on a lump sum basis).
Applications are considered by a Selection Committee which meets two times a year in April and November. Dates and corresponding deadlines for application are available on our web site by clicking here.