Scopul nostru este sprijinirea şi promovarea cercetării ştiinţifice şi facilitarea comunicării între cercetătorii români din întreaga lume.
We have an exciting new opportunity with Honeywells Lab in Bucharest, Romania, for a Senior Research Scientist.
In this key position, you will be relating your expertise in sensor research as it applies to industrial applications, including innovative new sensing principles, as well as improving existing sensors.
Honeywell International is a leading $35 billion diversified technology corporation with a wide range of businesses including automation and control solutions, aerospace systems, transportation systems, and specialty materials. Honeywell has more than 128,000 employees in 95 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement. It was recently ranked #5 as one of the most admired companies by Fortune magazine.
Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions (ACS) is 1 of 4 divisions of Honeywell International with annual revenues of $15 billion. We supply sensing and control solutions to a variety of markets which improve quality of life, create safer living and work environments, and increase energy utilization efficiency. For example, ACS products and services provide Honeywell customers controls for heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, security systems, fire alarm systems, and energy management systems. From home thermostats to large commercial building management systems, Honeywell ACS is a global leader.
Honeywells Sensors & Wireless Lab is an innovative, exciting enterprise focused on cutting-edge sensor and wireless technology developments. We are pioneering new research technology that is used in government sectors and leveraged across Honeywell’s ACS businesses.
Our inventive teams utilize advanced research in materials, new sensing principles, micro- and nano-fabrication, signal processing and wireless communications to create pioneering, leading edge technologies. We work with ACS businesses to transition technologies into next generation products utilized by millions of people to make your world more secure.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Honeywell is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
As a Senior Research Scientist, you will do research in the field of industrial sensors, within multidisciplinary teams, starting from first principles of physics and chemistry, all the way to making it happen in product development.
Your responsibilities will include the following aspects:
– Identify sensing solutions for industrial applications, starting from customer needs;
– Design test plans and experimental procedures for materials and devices, relevant to the project objectives;
– Perform experimental testing, including electrical and environmental testing;
– Analyze experimental data, using statistical techniques, and prepare reports to interpret the results;
– Use analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into detailed plans and technical approaches;
– Work in a diverse global environment with day to day interactions with multidisciplinary global teams and customers;
– Coordinate resources to help plan and conduct management reviews of product concepts and prototypes, analyze data, document evaluation methods and results, and present design recommendations to project teams, including external clients;
– Interact professionally and communicate effectively at all levels throughout the company and with customers.
Skill set requirements:
– Strong research skills in Applied Science for industrial applications;
– Strong experimental testing skills, including experiment design and performance;
– Work experience in applied research environment, with emphasize on basic research knowledge;
– Previous experience in European funded projects;
– Experience in writing project proposals;
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills with experience motivating people, helping negotiate priorities, and resolving conflicts among project stakeholders;
– Strong analytical, innovation and thinking outside of the box and problem solving skills;
– Effective at time management, facilitating meetings, planning, execution, risks identification, management, and mitigation;
– Superb organizational skills with history of working on a vast array of projects with rapidly changing information gathered from multiple sources.
– PhD Degree in Applied Science, such as Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Material Science;
– 5+ years of experience as a Research Scientist, Research Associate, Research Fellow, or related occupation.
– Basic computer skills in Windows and/or Linux;
– Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
– Experience working in a industrial research department;
– Experience with sensors and sensing principles;
– Modeling and simulation skills for applied science topics;
– Ability to translate design ideas to working prototypes;
– Record of preparing and winning European funded Research Projects.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Job: Technology R&D
Primary Location: Romania, Bucharest
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Hiring Manager: Stefan Costea (firstname.lastname@example.org)