Scopul nostru este sprijinirea şi promovarea cercetării ştiinţifice şi facilitarea comunicării între cercetătorii români din întreaga lume.
CAELYNX EUROPE, Craiova, .
E-mail: trimite un mesaj.
Pagina web a instituţiei: http://www.caelynx.com
Nascut(a) in: 1974
Interese: automobile, motoare cu ardere interna, aeronave, elemente finite, dinamica fluidelor, aeroelasticitate, dinamica, vibratii neliniare si aleatoare, calcul stocastic, rezistenta materialelor, optimizare
Managing Director, CAELynx Europe: 09/01/2008 - Present
CAE Consultant, CAELynx US office 04/01/2007 - 09/01/2008
- Coordinated and worked on various complex projects in the automotive, aerospace, marine, and renewable energy industry.
- Performed Finite Element Analysis: structural complex analyses (e.g., static nonlinear, complex contacts, pressfit, bolt preload, bore machining, bore ovality, thermal expansion), modal analysis, forced and random vibration, acoustics, heat transfer, fatigue, impact, crash, multi body dynamics.
- Performed CFD analysis: steady and unsteady fluid flow, heat transfer, fluid structure interaction, aerodynamics, aero-acoustics.
- Performed analytical calculations: nonlinear and random vibration, stability, airfoil calculations, aerodynamics, aeroelasticity, flutter, static stress calculations, DOE (Design of Experiments), material characterization (composite, hyperelastic, metals fracture).
Research Assistant, Wayne State University, 08/2001-04/01/2007
- Developed a stochastic finite element algorithm to simulate uncertainties in the wing strucure. (AirForce Grant)
- Developed a vortex-lattice algorithm to simulate the airflow around an airplane wing. (AirForce Grant)
- Developed a fluid-structure-interaction computer algorithm in FORTRAN to simulate the flutter of a non-linear wing with parameter uncertainties. (AirForce Grant)
- Studied the possibility of suppressing wing flutter via parametric excitation. (AirForce Grant)
- Measurements of disk brake squeal and contact stiffness of disk-pad system for General Motors. Conducted a series of experiments regarding contact forces between a pin and disc. (GM Grant)
Mechanical Engineer, Daewoo Automotive, Romania, 11/1997-08/2001
- Coordinated and performed tests according to the national or international requirements (ECE regulations, EU directives, FMVSS, EuroNCAP).
- Prepared type-approval dossiers (technical specifications, specifications according to international regulations, preliminary type-approval tests, etc.).
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 08/2007
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 05/2007
- BSME with focus in Automotive Engineering, University of Craiova, Romania, 1997
Scientific Applications: MATLAB/Simulink, Mathematica, ADAMS, LabView.
Computer Languages: FORTRAN, C++.
CAD/CAE Tools: Hypermesh, LS-DYNA, ABAQUS, OPTISTRUCT, Nastran, ANSYS,
CATIA, Auto-CAD, Fluent, Star CCM +, FEMFAT.
Visualization and Plotting Tools: Tecplot.
Office Applications: Microsoft Office.
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Windows 95/98/NT/XP, Mac, UNIX, Linux.
- Rumble Fellowship 08/2006 - 05/2007
- Graduate Assistantship 08/2001-08/2006
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
* Castravete, S. C., Ibrahim, R. A., Effect of Stiffness Uncertainties on the Flutter of a Cantilever Wing, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. AIAA Journal, 46(4), 2008.
* Castravete, S. C., Nonlinear flutter of a cantilever wing including the influence of structure uncertainties, 2007.
* Ibrahim, R. A., Castravete, S. C., Flutter Suppression of a Plate-Like Wing via Parametric Excitation, Nonlinear Dynamics, 46(4), 2006.
* R. A. Ibrahim, S. C. Castravete, Nonlinear Bending-Torsion Flutter of a Cantilever Wing Subjected to Parametric Excitation, ASME IDETC/CIE, 2005.